Understanding care proceedings

Has your child been taken into care? If social services feel concerned about a child’s welfare, they can begin care proceedings. This involves assessing the environment in which the child is being raised. If your child is in care and you are unsure of your parental rights, we are here to help you.

couple with forms


girl staring out window

Child Law


Contact Us

white gavel icon

We are solicitors who will take on social services while advising you on care proceedings

As experts in care proceedings throughout Ebbw Vale, Richards & Lewis Solicitors are here for you. We are able to explain the various jargon and help with any concerns you may have. We understand the importance of family, which is why we want to help you offer your children the best start in life.
Accredited by the Law Society Children’s Panel, our solicitors are highly-skilled, professional and will take on social services. They have the skills, knowledge and experience needed in this sensitive area of child law.

Our solicitors are happy to help you every step of the way

If your case needs to go to court, our solicitors are well-practised and professional. We will offer you and your family the best possible legal aid, from the paperwork to the final decision.
We can liaise with social workers and professional bodies throughout Blaenau Gwent, relaying information clearly. We want to allow you to focus on making the best decision for your family.

For information on any aspect of care proceedings, speak with our team.

Request a Call

If you need any information or advice, do not hesitate to contact us on 01495 350 018.